Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 6

This has been the most intense day of this almost week long journey. Little fear. Little, "can I do this!". Can't explain the challenges and how they came to play out today. I mean, from sharing the Gospel with, believe it or not, a person who "thinks" he/she is a content Christian. This person is a committed Christian and believes strongly in their beliefs. I honestly could have seen this person's persuasion but their premise didn't quite "fit"my new perspective in His Spirit. There are fundamental differences in where this "today's" Christian and I stack up. How can we declare His Victory over sin and not claim His Promises? Once again as in Th Book of Acts, His Holy Spirit comes to His Chosen people as Promised by Jesus Himself. "I will send you a Helper" did He not say? His Promises are so grand............we can't even put this in to our earthly minds!!! We, measure everything in man's gold not Heavenly Gold. Earth has it's splendor but measures shortly next to the King of King's pastures in Heaven. The Most Powerful Ally we as believers have is the Holy Spirit. Why don't I tap into that Power and use what He has sent to me already and live it out? I used to fear or maybe grieve is a better choice of words The Holy Spirit. One of my wisest counselors, who is a Spirit led man, said to me: "Jeff, if you can overcome your fear, you will gain power from it". I like and believe that. If human struggles and fears can be overcome by this ideology and human nature what Power must be passed when we talk in Heavenly Power through His Mighty Spirit!

All I am getting at is Believe! Believe every last word of the Bible. Believe that our Perfect Saviour was Worthy to Defeat death and Fulfill His Glory.

From temptations like none other, to sharing the Gospel with many, this day has been the best of this journey. As much as it stretched and pulled me in directions I've never been tugged before, it was an honor to serve the King. Everyone has their place and contentment, BUT may You Lord of Lords and King of Kings always keep me from there! May my spirit never be complete until I see you face to face. Blessed are the ones who went before us and saw The Face of The Son of Man. What Power You command in Your willing knights of Your Table. Praise and Glory to He Who is Worthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment