Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 2

It's the second day of this journey. Once thought or believed is now sinking to a new level of reality. Jesus is real and so are His words.

This day was filled with the Holy Spirit. As I pray for God to give me clear direction in this journey, I can't help myself but to pray for other people! People close to me, people in everyday walking. Is He changing my focus? I was hoping for something else, honestly. I wanna be a warrior for Him but not a prayer warrior. I trust He will define me even further.

The is real POWER in the Holy Spirit! Many thoughts and feelings go through me as I reflect that statement. Without a doubt, the same Spirit that allowed God's Chosen people to do the "remarkable and miraculous things" still desires that in me. It is written in His Word, The Spirit is NOT just relevant in Bible times. Why not take His Promises literally and BELIEVE His Word is tangible and worthy to cling to and hold.

My Bible was open to Acts chapters 8-9 today. Paul's conversion and turn around in Spirit was my reading. What spoke to me so boldly was how quickly he, Paul, was out in the Synagogues preaching. The Bible was clear in describing the time in "days" as he was trained by the disciples in Damascus. The boldness came from the reading. Here is Saul, this hater of Christians. He was smart and was targeting the leaders of this new "movement" in Jesus Christ. His target to kill has now became, in matter of hours or days his allies. Days of learning about the newly Risen King, Paul was filled by The Holy Spirit in order to be able to go out in public cheering and preaching the Name of Jesus!!! Power and bold, man Power and bold!!!

May God the Father again comfort me on the next leg of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment