Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 16 and 17

All my humanness is wanting to "cave" and at least have a big glass of half and half with a little chocolate milk. This is tough! Wow! My family is having BLTs tonight and I have to dig deep or leave while bacon is being fried. Yesterday I grilled for the family and never licked my fingers. It isn't that easy today.


Again I am combining day 16 and 17 together.

Yesterday was a struggle like no other! Just the kids' animal cookies laying on the island looked tough as I walked by. Thank God Almighty for the strength to resist and more importantly, to finish strong.

Since I was convicted to finish this journey strong, The Father is showing me things through The Holy Spirit that is not of this world. I am now convinced in my heart of heart and every part of my being that The Holy Spirit is real and very much ALIVE! The finish to this marathon has to be done sprinting! The Prize is waiting me IF, if I continue to allow His Mighty Spirit to sustain me. I can't do this! at least not alone. This is by Him for Him!

My journey for this 21 days is to allow Him to send His Holy Spirit to me. Everyday is a test of my faithfulness. I still have free will. I still have to pick up my cross and CHOSE Him. Only if I give up my will can He be Free to use His in me.

There is SO MUCH going on and opening up in my spiritual life right now that I can NOT even begin to write it all down. The King is wanting my own willing heart so He can do His work. I am like a sword that is being sharpened prior for battle. Much of what He is showing and telling me is for only me for the time. Soon He will reveal His purpose in me. When this journey of fasting is over, then, and only by His Will, will I be ready for the war that is coming.
-Lord, I humbly ask You King of Kings to Sharpen me. Make me sharp for You and Your Glory alone! May whatever You have me do, I pray You have me do it with excellence, honor and worthy for You Father God!

No comments:

Post a Comment