Thursday, December 3, 2009

A New Journey Begins

Tomorrow morning is the start of a 21 day prayer journey. This journey will start at sun rise tomorrow and end at sunset Christmas Eve. I am inviting any man who desires a closer walk with The Lord Jesus to join me. For 21 days my "theme prayer" is for the men (and their families) of our community. I am pleading with The Holy Spirit to fill each and every man who seeks Him as well as men who do not yet know Him. God is prompting me to build relations with certain men in our community in the hope that The Lord may be Glorified and His soon coming Kingdom expanded.

Please pray for me. I ask for courage and grace. Pray that I take advantage of each opportunity that God gives me to witness. Please pray also that in this season of celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus that men and women would truly understand God's Love for His peoples.

In closing I would like to ask a couple questions. What would happen to our community if a revival of The Holy Spirit spread through the men of Pella? What if Pella became the same kind of community that Peter saw spring up in the book of Acts? I know one thing, there are men in this city who have prayed for a heart like Jesus. These men are the ones who will help usher in this new revival of Love. It's coming! Will you and your house be ready?

Thank you Lord for this city and the men in it. I do pray for each man who calls on Your Name and that Your Holy Spirit meets each one at his own place. May our men once again become leaders in their home by demostrating love and grace. May the young men of this generation be encouraged by their elders and may the elders be that encouragement by example. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment