Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Parents of PCGS 8th grade young men Part 2

Some time has pasted since I first approached these young men and honestly to long. I have these young men catching me in the halls and asking me "whats the plan coach?" or "are we getting started here soon?" This tells me I need to get off my rear and role out a plan. Here is what I am thinking and considering.

"Using the Word of God, the premise is to study and learn life lessons from the Heroes of both Old and New Testaments with the Help of The Holy Spirit to encourage men of ALL ages and backgrounds/walks of life."

This statement is my hope for any who want to meet. I am thinking however to have this "Walking with The King" study off campus of PCGS. Having this study "off campus" will allow us to do more things and "neutralize" everyone from anywhere. For example, we will do service projects. I do NOT want to put the school in any way liable if something would happen. Off campus will also benefit the study by allowing for "coffee time" atmosphere on Friday open meeting time.

Anyway and for many reasons I have asked Neil Wilson for permission to use "The Sanctuary" as the meeting place. The Sanctuary is a ministry that God Inspired and has Blessed and now has a physical beautiful building for His Kingdom. Neil and Angela Wilson are Godly people who have personal testaments that also "encourages" both men and women. The best way to describe the location is The Old Pella City Hall Building. The building with the 2 dogs made of concrete meeting you on the porch! Right across the street from the Pella Cinema.

For time and days I am still sold on Friday early morning. This will be a open invite to both sons and dads to come, engage in pray, fellowship (eating donuts and all the healthy pastries Pella has to offer and maybe learn. I am recruiting all the Godly men I know and asking them to come on Fridays to share their testimonies. We all need to hear that Our Lord Jesus Is Still Working in the lives of heroes of today! 6AM is still the start time I am thinking, big commitment I know BUT let's do it! You, your son and most importantly, He, The King of Kings and Lord of Lords is worth the time of waking up 1 day a week early. One who is NOT a great early person, (talking bout me) will commit and always be there God Willing.

I am also thinking meeting Tuesday nights. Going to extremes here but I am thinking 8PM to 10PM. This will be more focused for the young men but dads are welcome to attend. I know we can NOT meet everyone needs and that's way twice a week is important. I too will hope to use The Sanctuary for this meeting place as well.

Please continue to pray for this ministry. I truly have a heart for all men. I want to be a encouragement and use my life as a open book to share. Jesus has Blessed me so that this is a chance to give back. My cup is overflowing and I want to share with my brothers! Fish are biting! (If you know what I mean)

Blessing and Courage,

No comments:

Post a Comment