Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Parents of 8th Grade young men

Dear Moms and Dads of these young men.

Last week I invited all the 8th grade boys to a "info meeting" or better used for me was a "feeler" meeting on Friday. Almost every young man in the 8th grade class showed up! The idea was to see if any of these young men would like to deepen their walk with Jesus in a group study. Again, with the number of guys that showed up, Jesus showed me that His young men are worthy to Him!

Since PCGS theme this year is Bible Heroes, I prayed for this to come to life for young men. I prayed for the 8th graders in particularly. Honestly, I have been really looking forward to coaching this year! For the first time in many years I am NOT coaching any of my own off-spring! SERIOUSLY! If you ever coach your own kid for long, you will know what I mean! Anyway, God said to me in many ways, He will, this prayer of mine, be fulfilled but I need to lead it. Well, it's real easy for me to say "I am to busy" or say to myself, "I have 10 kids already, why do it?" Long story short, God or The King of Kings is prompting me to do this and I NEED to follow through.

I address you all as a parent of many including a son who made the big jump to high school this year. The jump or change has been (as a dad and a coach) the BEST thing for Caleb and I. The high school has some of the best men (God Inspired) coaching and leading that school that sending Boo was easy. "As iron sharpens iron" is what I see happening in the football program at every level of Pella Christian schools. Caleb my son is a better young man for the discipleship brought forward by the men at PCHS.

What I see "Walking with The King" Bible Study doing is studying The Word of God in a way young men can relate to. Capping the theme of PCGS, I want these young men to see what being a Biblical hero is REALLY about. David, Daniel, Peter and Paul are the 4 men I want to spend time learning about with these guys with Jesus always being center. What I really want is these young men to learn from these 4 Biblical heroes (Both New and Old Testements) is we as men are NOTHING without God.

We have some hurdles to make this an offical school event. I will ask to meet with the School Board or any committee before I can give much details. So please feel free to contact me in anyway for questions regarding "Walking with The King" study. I will not know meeting details yet, but I am thinking twice a week meeting. One time slot I would like to do would be early Friday mornings. I am also thinking durning that time (Friday AM) we would invite all dads as well.

In closing, I pray that each parent, both mom and dad prays for his/her son during this year. Pray that your son may find God and His Spirit in a way that is life changing. Dads, you are always welcome! And dads.... I challenge you to be the spiritial leader of your family and pray hard for your son and all your children. Pray for your wife as well. Moms, pray for your husband to be the man God wants us ALL to be!

In His Mighty Name of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment