Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reflecting Over The Journey

It's been awhile since I sat down to write. Coming off the fast is kinda like having a mild "hangover". For non-drinkers that only means my head is a little foggy. -Smile. Anyway, it IS enjoyable to eat again! Those animal crackers that Johnny has been offering me are now free game. Believe it or not, I only lost bout 13 pounds during the fast. That really surprised me.

I truly needed to take a few days to reflect and discern what The Holy Spirit showed me over the course of the 21 day journey. My mind has been busy thinking "what's next?" Well, while trying to answer that question I have discovered some truths. Here is a couple: There is no doubt that I am "Called" by my King to serve Him! There is no doubt that life as I understand it is about to change. There is no doubt that my faith and beliefs are stronger than any other time in my life! There is no doubt that I am still a sinner and need a Merciful Lord.

As stated up above, I do know with certainty that the rest of my days WILL BE devoted to Him entirely. He has given me the heart to love His creation in His Children. Love your Lord God with all efforts! THEN love your brother as you love yourself. If ministry is my calling, I really need to get busy for my brothers. He is opening the door, the thing is, do I have the courage to walk through? This is no ordinary task He wants me to do. This will take me out of my comfort zone, as so for all of my family. Again, courage.

Lisa and I have had the opportunity in recent weeks to host brothers and sisters in our home. God laid this idea to have people, friends/family, over in small groups. It's a time I have shared some of my testimony in hopes of encouraging our guests. This is a simple way to minister. The Book of Acts describes in the text that the early church was done in homes too. I believe we NEED to follow the "blueprint" of the early church today! God and His Spirit hasn't changed only the times. The time has now come for the the church today to wake up! He WILL be Faithful and provide His Mighty Weapon to aid each one who comes to Truly Believes! Invite people to your homes and fellowship in His name. Read His Word. Encourage each other with love.

The King of Kings and Lord of Lords is coming soon! I know that has been said for two thousand years, but NEVER has the world been so ripe for the picking! If the Book of Acts describes how the first church needed to perform, we need to take heed and follow suit! We are not the first church but the last. Listen brothers, now must be the time to leave our "lukewarm" attitude and recommit with conviction one's life to HIM!!! He wants His men to wake and draw swords! He wants men who are convicted to live for Him to live life with zeal and fire! Let The Holy Spirit lead each one of us so He may be Glorified! May His People be busy working for The Holy Kingdom until That Day of The Return of The King!


-Father God,

May You Bless my brothers and give them all who calls upon Your Name Heavenly and Holy Courage. Use me as You See the need. May I too have Courage that can ONLY come from You! I pray for the families of these men who You are about to awake. Give each wife of these men Your Holy Spirit so she can rely on You when her man is doing Your Will. I pray for the children, especially the young men that they may see his daddy seeking You!
God, THANK YOU!!! Thank You Lord for being Faithful to me and all of Your People! Without You I am nothing. Thank You for continuing to shape and mold me. Continue in me the Love You have given me for the people of this world. Thank you Lord Jesus!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment