Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Kids Call Me "Daddy"

"Daddy, can you pick me up after practice?" "Please daddy can I come with you?" "Da da, can I have a dink dink?" "Daddy, did you see that?!" "Daddy - Why NOT?"

I hear the word "Dad" or "Daddy" probably more often than most men who are dads. Not tooting any horn but just stating the obvious. When 8 kids (soon to be 9) speak to me or wants my attention, the word(s) dad or daddy are always said. Even when in public and I hear a child say "daddy" I always turn to look and respond. In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that the word "daddy" is said to me more often than my name Jeff. I love it! Even my 15 and 14 year old still refer to me as "daddy". I pray that will never change!

Sometimes my title as a "dad'' gets confused with the term "father". Now I don't get uptight when one of my babies calls me "father" but deep down it just does not feel right. In my opinion the title of "Father" should only be reserved for our Heavenly Father. Dad or "daddy" best describes us earthly mortal men who are parents of his offspring or adoptive children. I don't want to get hung up on terminology but know that the two are completely different in meaning.

Learn to love the Lord God first, and learn how to love your own self. Only then can He allow a "daddy" to get a glimpse of what a True Father really Is.

Warp on up on a note and prayer for ALL men who love, and for men who really want and desire to love their kids but don't know how..........Men, my only note is, YOU HAVE TO SAY "I love you"

Father God, You are The Perfect Father and All Loving Creator! Thank you for giving the Perfect Example of Love through the Father and Son relationship! Only by That Perfect Love can I as a mortal man find to be a "daddy'' for my kids.

Lord I pray for every man that has children, that he finds and loves his child right now! Lord give each man Your Holy Courage if he may ask in order to love His child. I pray for Heavenly Strength to the man who finds The Holy Spirit and uses It to love all of His Creation. Create in me and my fellow man the heart of David, The Heart of The True Father, Lord God.

No comments:

Post a Comment