Friday, May 1, 2009

Life and Spiritual Warfare

When the Holy Spirit is working in my life or when I feel in tune with God's will is time for me to be ready to do battle. If you believe in God Almighty, Jesus and the Holy Spirit then you better realize and know that our God and we as believers have a enemy. Satan is real. He hates all that is good and wants nothing more than to destroy lives. The enemy will pull no punches when it comes to hindering my relationship with the Father through Jesus. That devil has all the tools he needs to occupy me. From drugs and drinking to those unexpected floods in life, satan knows my weakness and uses anything and everything to keep me from Him.

This week has been a great example of spiritual warfare for me personal. Our basement was flooded by 3 inches of sewage water. The root cause is that our main sewer line to the street is broken. A camera verified the break which is going to require me digging my front yard up tomorrow morning. I have felt the Holy Spirit working and prompting me to trust Him and live to only serve him in whatever way over the last month or so. I truly believe He has called me to some sort of full time ministry. Satan hates anyone coming to call Jesus "King". That's what I feel prompted to do for him, go further His Kingdom. All of us are to "go tell others about our Lord and Savior" but to do so full time and trusting He will make all ends meet is a sort of "leap of faith".

The Spirit has been powerful in my life when I humble myself and listen. There has been some major life changing events when the Spirit of God has spoken to me. It's hard to explain these moments when God speaks to me, a couple of times it's been in the shower. JC's Steakhouse was one of those times as well as putting my babies in a Christian school. There is no doubt that this is one of those times when God is saying, "Jeff, GO AND BRING ME MORE OF MY CHILDREN TO ME BEFORE I RETURN". This has been my message as of late. He wants me because of my story, the life I have lived can and will bring others to Christ's Kingdom. Not that I am different or special but because I am what I am. How many men do you know that has 10 children or a man who was once about dead due to addictions. There are countless ways He has me to minister to my brothers and sisters. My prayer is that I have the courage to fight to the finish for Him.

Awaiting His Glorious Return,

No comments:

Post a Comment